Washing the face regularly is important in order to maintain healthy-looking skin. Throughout the day, our skin gets exposed to bacteria, pollutants, and dirt. Washing your face removes these impurities to give the skin a fresh look. In addition, washing your face is also an important factor in helping the skin to maintain proper hydration. Cleansing of the face helps to manage the pH levels of the skin, enabling sufficient water and product retention.
Let’s see why facial cleansing is so important.
• Removing build up
• Boosting hydration
• Regular cleansing is essential to keeping your skin looking radiant and healthy.
• Cleansing helps anti-aging products and treatments work properly.
• Cleansing helps maintain proper pore size.
• Cleansing encourages proper skin hydration and prevents the production of excess oils.
Here’s what can happen if you don’t wash your face at least twice a day
If you don’t wash your face twice a day, it can get covered with a thick layer of dirt and grime which make it difficult for other products to penetrate the skin properly. When we don’t wash our face daily, our skin becomes dehydrated which makes the skin look rough, wrinkled and aged
Not washing the face can cause your pores to become clogged, resulting in the development of serious acne. The skin could also experience severe redness, dryness and irritation from insufficient hydration. This makes the skin appear dirty, oily, greasy, and significantly aged.
The thing is that choosing the right kind of face wash and using the right technique also plays an important part.
Before washing your face, identify your skin type and choose a cleanser according to it.
Learn the right way to wash your face
• Make sure your hands are clean. Remove bacteria and dirt from your hands by washing them before cleaning your face.
• Use warm water on the skin to open up the pores and loosen dirt. Water that is too hot can shock the skin and cause broken capillaries.
• Gently remove all the make-up with a cotton pad soaked with olive oil before washing your face. This allows thorough cleaning.
• Apply face wash onto the fingertips of one hand. Rub the hands together to form a lather. This will help to activate the cleanser.
• Move your fingertips in a circular motion along the face and neck. It stimulates blood circulation.
• Rinse the cleanser off by splashing lukewarm water on the face. Do not rub the face as this can cause irritation.
• Pat your face dry with a clean towel.
• After washing, hydrate your skin with a light moisturizer
With literally hundreds of cleansing products to choose from here are some simple tips for selecting a great skin cleanser:
• Know your skin type and choose a cleanser that’s a good match. If you have dry skin you’ll want to avoid cleansers with high alcohol content. People with oily skin need a cleanser with a lower PH level. For sensitive skin you’ll want a basic cleanser free from heavy fragrance and additives.
• The delivery type of the cleanser matters. Cream based cleansers are great for dry skin while gel or foamy cleansers are better for oily skin types.
• If you wear a lot of makeup you’ll want a cleanser targeted toward removal.
• If you tend to sweat a lot from working out look for a product targeting clogged pores.
• If you have concerns with allergies look for “natural” cleansers free of synthetic ingredients.
• Most cleansers marketed as “gentle” are great at removing dirt without over drying and irritating the skin.
• Selecting a cleanser with a balanced PH will help maintain your skins natural balance.
• Make sure to take your time comparing products and looking at reviews.